Learning Games Lab Think Tank Blog

This is the online diary for our three week Games Lab Think Tank... It is a private blog... which means we can use names of kids in it.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Limited Attention Spans - Getting things accomplished

Today was not a very good day with my group. They were all rowdy and had very limited attention spans. They brought in their assigned tasks for the presentation, but were more interested in playing games than anything else. I tried to show them PhotoShop, but with my limited skills and their limited attention, not much was accomplished. Between David and I, we must of had to ask the group to settle down and pay attention at least 5 times. They put together a PowerPoint Presentation, but with not a whole lot of effort. I had issues with consultants putting down other consultants ideas. It was a pretty hectic morning. We finished up the typologies, and I had trouble getting certain groups to give courtesy to others and listen to their categories. The consultants were even bouncing off the walls when we went outside to take a picture. We are going to have to skip the cover and character development with PhotoShop and figure out something else for illustrations on their presentation. I am hoping tomorrow will be better and we can catch up on tasks. I am going to hold off on game play until I see a quality presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home