Monday - Group Play and PowerPoint
Monday I had the consultants play games on the systems in groups. The groups and systems were chosen by drawing names. One consultant was missing so I ended up having 3 groups with one having 3 consultants. They were to play the system that was chosen for them and I explained that they were to do a PowerPoint presentation on 1 of the games that they played during that time. I had them switch systems, however the Presentation had to be on a game that they played on the first system. We talked about the "big" presentation that they were to give to the game designers and I wanted to get familiar with the consultants PowerPoint skills. The activity worked well because it was structured; with structured rotation and a structured activity at the end. The consultants all had great PowerPoint skills and were able to complete the assignment with ease. For the most part, the groups worked well together. Some consultants have stronger personalities than others, but the division of labor on the presentation seemed to be equal with all 3 of the groups. I had the consultants follow the presentation format that Barbara had done in the past.
We also talked quite a bit about the Ipods. On average the consultants spent about 5-6 hours over the weekend playing with them. The consultants seems to like everything that was on there and thought it was a good idea for educational purposes. The only complaints that I heard were concerning the battery life and they mentioned that a larger screen size would be better to see some of the programs. One consultant did not like the Podcasts - but the remainder did. The consultants blogged about the Ipods and answered the video Closet question about hem as well. They were excited and happy to be able to take them home again Monday night and I gave them a heads up that I would be asking each of them to assign awards to the top five things on the Ipods Tuesday morning. I wish that I would have had more time to look over the content on the Ipods in more detail so that I could have asked specific questions. So far from what I have heard, the Veggie Eater and the 10 steps to cloning are a big hit.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home