Ipod discussion - Group Presentation
Today we talked in depth about the Ipods. I had the consultants assign awards to the top 5 things on the Ipods, as Barb suggested. The consultants also had to explain why they chose that particular content. I had each one write down their top 5 and then we went around the room and each one explained what they chose and why. Each consultant had a few things that they really liked, however there were many similarities on everyone's list. Microbes - they can kill you - was on the top of many list and on every list. The consultants also worked on their group presentation. They have decided to design a game that will include many peripherals. It is based on guitar hero, but expands to include drums, and a singer. They came up with a name and a description, as well as the peripherals that they would like to use. Each consultant was assigned some homework so that they can be ready to put the entire presentation together tomorrow. Jeff, one of the older consultants, has excellent PowerPoint and computer skills so he is going to play a large role in bringing it together. The consultants were responsible for the division of labor and assigned specific tasks based on the various skills of each consultant. I explained to them that group work is really good because it plays on the skills of everyone - each person is going to have a unique set of skills and as a group you can capitalize on all of them. I look forward to what they come up with. A group of 7 is large, but I think that they can put their heads together and come up with something. We also took a tour of the Multimedia department and the consultants were able to see exactly what goes into making a game and how long it takes.
David noticed that we haven't been getting very good responses in the Blogs - I am thinking that it could be because I have the consultants Blog during open game play and they are in a hurry to get back to their games, so tomorrow I am going to try something different. I am going to have snack and blog at the same time and not have any machine allowed to be turned on until everyone has blogged - a quality blog.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home