Learning Games Lab Think Tank Blog

This is the online diary for our three week Games Lab Think Tank... It is a private blog... which means we can use names of kids in it.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Review of the Day - June 15

Well, today was the end of the first session. It went well. The consultants said it was a lot of fun and they would like to come back. Today they re-designed a game and presented it and had open game play. They also took a tour of the multimedia department.

They shared with me that meeting the game developers and playing games were their favorite parts of the session. I really appreciate the willingness of the game developers to share their time and work with these kids. This isn't my program and they aren't my kids but I know the effect this kind of attention and exposure to something they love doing will have on them. I think it is something that will stay with them forever.

During the time set for designing a game there were some who finished right away and complained and others who really put a lot of effort into drawing and making a great cover and game. All of them did a pretty good job on describing their game. I noticed with this group that they had opinion but didn't really want to be creative or maybe they just weren't sure how.

This was a good group and a good week overall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home